[DCRM-L] Genre term for "flap illustrations" or "flap prints"

Matthew C. Haugen matthew.haugen at columbia.edu
Sat Feb 22 08:51:41 MST 2020

A new genre/form source code was approved for the Thesaurus of Ephemera
Terms
<http://blogs.reading.ac.uk/typography-at-reading/files/2014/07/Ephemera-Thesaurus.pdf>,as
announced in yesterday's MARC technical notice:
https://www.loc.gov/marc/relators/tn200221src.html

The following source code has been added to the Genre/Form Code and Term
Source Codes <https://www.loc.gov/standards/sourcelist/genre-form.html> list
for usage in appropriate fields and elements.

   - tept - Thesaurus of Ephemera Terms (Reading, England: Department of
      Typography & Graphic Communication, University of Reading)

The notice specifies that new codes should not be used in exchange records
(e.g. OCLC master records) until 60 days after the date of the notice, to
provide implementers time to include newly-defined codes in any validation
tables.

Matt