[DCRM-L] author's name

Joan Milligan jmilligan1 at udayton.edu
Mon Nov 14 14:03:18 MST 2022

Hello, everyone,

I hope you can help me make a decision. I am unsure of the author's name.
Here is what is on the title page:

Nuoua Relatione
D'VN MIRACOLO miracolo
Della B. Vergine Maria.
Scoperto nel Monserato, il quale tratta come la detta Vergine ha parlato
tre volte a vna fanciulla che guardaua le pecore.
Data in luce da Benedetto Bianchi Triuisano.
[woodcut]
In Piacenza, Parma, Bologna, Modona, &
Padoua, & in Venetia, 1619.
ad instantia di Marin Venetian.
Con Licenza de' Superiori, 1619.

At first I thought "Benedetto" might be the title Blessed so I did a lot of
searching for Bianchi Trivisano. Another librarian here suggested
"Trivisano" might be a singular version of Trevisani, people from Treviso,
Italy.

I can't find this title anywhere. I've searched several catalogs, mostly in
Italy, for the title and variations of Benedetto Bianchi Triuisano /
Trivisano. I have looked in bibliographies. I have looked at VIAF, the
Italian Wikipedia, and Catholic Hierarchy. I have Googled.

Am I overthinking this? Should I just go with 100 1_ Trivisano, Benedetto
Bianchi?

Thank you,
Joan

*Joan Milligan*  o*  Special Collections Cataloger ** o * *University of
Dayton Libraries*
Room 208, Roesch Library, 300 College Park Ave., Dayton, Ohio 45419
(937)229-4075
o o o o o o o o