[DCRM-L] author's name

Laurence Creider lcreider at nmsu.edu
Mon Nov 14 18:52:53 MST 2022

I think that Felicia Piscetelli is right about Trevisano being a statement that Benedetto Bianchi is from Treviso.  While the name seems uncommon, there are some are some Benedetto Bianchis in the Istituto centrale per il catalogo unico<http://opac.sbn.it/opacsbn/opac/iccu/base.jsp>, but most of these are for an 18th century Italian musician/dramatist.  I have had no luck with the ULAN or the Edizione del Seicento Catalogo delle Seicentine possedute dall'Istituto Venet<https://www.istitutoveneto.it/flex/cm/pages/ServeAttachment.php/L/IT/D/b%252F5%252F6%252FD.bab48e3c387e01267b85/P/BLOB%3AID%3D122/E/pdf?mode=download>o, which is only one library.  Looking in art-historical indices or printer/publisher/bookseller indices might also be useful along with consultation of those who catalog graphic materials, if you have not done so.  In any case, I think that Bianchi, Benedetto is what you want for a 100/700.

Good luck,

Larry

Laurence S. Creider

Professor Emeritus