[DCRM-L] August 2023 Virtual AskQC Office Hours: You are invited

James,Kate jamesk at oclc.org
Wed Aug 2 08:49:38 MDT 2023

The August session, Rapid Harm Reduction with Locally Preferred Subjects in WorldCat Discovery, will be presented by our OCLC colleague Grace McGann.  She will share information on a feature in WorldCat Discovery that enables libraries to define and display local subjects to meet user needs and support library Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) efforts.  Even if you are not using WorldCat Discovery, the technique used for this service can be applied locally in other situations.
Times/Dates: August 8 at 10 am (Eastern time) and August 17 at 4 PM (Eastern time).  The same content will be offered twice for the convenience of those in various time zones.

These free office hours are offered for anyone who wishes to attend.  Go to this page <https://help.oclc.org/WorldCat/Metadata_Quality/AskQC/Current_AskQC_office_hours> for dates, descriptions of each session, and registration.  Recordings, slides, and Q&A from past office hours are also available<https://help.oclc.org/WorldCat/Metadata_Quality/AskQC/Previous_AskQC_office_hours>.

We look forward to seeing you at these sessions, which all allow plenty of time for Q&A on the presentation topic as well as general cataloging and metadata questions.

Please register<https://help.oclc.org/WorldCat/Metadata_Quality/AskQC/Current_AskQC_office_hours> for the OCLC Virtual AskQC Office Hours for the remainder of 2023.  Topics include ones you have requested in surveys, as well as new things we'd like to share with you.  We now have an October topic, and registration links are available for all the sessions:
August: Rapid Harm Reduction with Locally Preferred Subjects in WorldCat Discovery
September: Get Informed about Genre/Form Terms
October:  Meeting librarians where they are today: Incorporating Linked Data into Existing Library Workflows
November: MARC Fields for Manuscripts and Archival Collections

Please excuse duplication of this message.

Kate

Kate James  (she/her/hers)
OCLC * Program Coordinator- Metadata Engagement, Membership & Research Division
6565 Kilgour Place, Dublin, Ohio, 43017  United States
[cid:image001.png at 01D9C52F.07D71050]<https://help.oclc.org/WorldCat/Metadata_Quality/AskQC>
OCLC.org<https://www.oclc.org/en/home.html>* Twitter<http://twitter.com/oclc> * Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/OCLC/20530435726> * YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/OCLCvideo> * LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/oclc>* Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/oclc_global/> *Next blog<http://www.oclc.org/blog/main/>