[DCRM-L] Job Announcement: Head of Cataloging Services, American Antiquarian Society

Haley, Kathleen khaley at mwa.org
Wed Nov 29 12:47:22 MST 2023

The American Antiquarian Society in Worcester, Massachusetts is accepting applications for our next Head of Cataloging Services. We are seeking an efficient, passionate individual to join our team providing leadership, strategic direction, and expertise in overseeing and supporting the activities of the cataloging department. The Head of Cataloging Services is responsible for supervising 6 full- and part-time rare materials catalogers, as well as support staff and interns, as necessary. This individual will create original and copy cataloging for 17th- to 21st-century printed materials, primarily books and pamphlets, while coordinating with curators who oversee the cataloging of materials in other formats (e.g., manuscripts, visual materials, etc.). The right candidate will work closely with the Acquisitions team to facilitate the processing of newly acquired materials, the Systems Librarian to support catalog maintenance, and with AAS staff responsible for explaining and interpreting the catalog to library users. The Head of Cataloging Services assists in the training of any AAS staff who work in the catalog and strive to cultivate a supportive and collaborative work environment.

As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment and promotion opportunity regardless of ability, age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. A successful candidate will demonstrate the ways in which they bring value to and will work towards supporting a broadly diverse community.

Annual Salary: $70k-$77k

FLSA status: Full  -time, exempt, 35 hour/week

Deadline: Applications accepted on a rolling basis; role will be listed until filled

Start date: As soon as possible

For the full job description, requirements, benefits and application instructions see: https://american-antiquarian-society.breezy.hr/p/155c3a2b9341-head-of-cataloging-services

Kathleen M. Haley
Information Systems Librarian