[DCRM-L] October OCLC Virtual AskQC Office Hours. Please register

James,Kate jamesk at oclc.org
Tue Oct 3 09:57:01 MDT 2023

I'm sending this message on behalf of my colleagues.

For some time we've heard lots of theoretical talk about linked data and how it will impact library cataloging.  Now it is time to talk how it could affect library workflows now and in the near future.  Join OCLC's Jeff Mixter and Anne Washington for Meeting librarians where they are today: Incorporating linked data into existing library workflows.

Session Description: Librarians are at various stages of linked data adoption. From novice to expert and skeptic to true believer. OCLC's linked data will help bridge the gap for librarians still working to understand linked data and will also demonstrate value added to current and future library workflows. We will talk about our linked data vision as well as practical ways to apply linked data to library work today. We will also give a brief demo of our WorldCat Entities data and data editor, explaining how this linked data authority work can be immediately applied to current bibliographic cataloging workflows.

Times/Dates: October 10 at 10 am (Eastern time) and October 19 at 4 PM (Eastern time).  The same content will be offered twice for the convenience of those in various time zones.

These free office hours are offered for anyone who wishes to attend.  Go to this page <https://help.oclc.org/WorldCat/Metadata_Quality/AskQC/Current_AskQC_office_hours> for dates, descriptions of each session, and registration.  Recordings, slides, and Q&A from past office hours are also available<https://help.oclc.org/WorldCat/Metadata_Quality/AskQC/Previous_AskQC_office_hours>.

We look forward to seeing you at these sessions, which all allow plenty of time for Q&A on the presentation topic as well as general cataloging and metadata questions.

Please excuse duplication of this message.

Kate

Kate James  (she/her/hers)
OCLC * Program Coordinator- Metadata Engagement, Membership & Research Division
6565 Kilgour Place, Dublin, Ohio, 43017  United States
[cid:image001.png at 01D9F5F0.B797DF00]<https://help.oclc.org/WorldCat/Metadata_Quality/AskQC>
OCLC.org<https://www.oclc.org/en/home.html>* Twitter<http://twitter.com/oclc> * Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/OCLC/20530435726> * YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/OCLCvideo> * LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/oclc>* Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/oclc_global/> *Next blog<http://www.oclc.org/blog/main/>