[DCRM-L] Looking for legal subject heading

Rich, Allison allison_rich at brown.edu
Tue Oct 17 07:00:29 MDT 2023

Hello fellow cataloguers:

I hope you can help me.
I am cataloguing an 18th century manuscript which gives only the epitomes
and citations of laws for the Spanish colonies in South America during the
18th century with regards to the Indians and their various reductions there.

I am looking for a good subject heading other than:
Law ǂz South America.

I've hunted through the authority file and I can't seem to find a good one.
For all of you law librarians / cataloguers out there, what would you
assign to a record like this?

Many thanks for your assistance,
Best,
Allison

--
"Outside of a dog,

Allison Rich
Head of Cataloguing and Technical Services
ESTC and NACO Coordinator
John Carter Brown Library
Providence, Rhode Island
Allison_Rich at brown.edu