Appendix E of DCRB

Elizabeth Robinson erobinson at huntington.org
Wed Aug 18 17:18:53 MDT 1999

Hello,

Bob asked me to look over the appendix E (DCRB code for records) and note what I see as needing a change as we revise DCRB. So here goes:

1. Wherever there is "DCRB" in the appendix, we need to substitute "DCRM" (or whatever the new code comes to be if we go that route). Bob noted we would have to put in a request for the new code(s) from LC and also we may want separate codes for the different formats (e.g. dcrm-b for books, dcrm-s for serials, etc.)

2. In section 1 of the appendix, if we do indeed swap out the MLC appendix (D) for DCRB Core, we would have to revise this paragraph.

3. Sections 3-4 could expand to other formats' codes as noted in number 1 here above.

--Elizabeth A. Robinson
  Principal Rare Book Cataloger
  Huntington Library
  erobinson at huntington.org