DCRB & MARC Format (Rev.)

Elizabeth Robinson erobinson at huntington.org
Fri Feb 12 10:56:33 MST 1999

Patrick et al.

This is in response to the 856 document only. I suspect that 856s for electronic versions of books or parts of books will be the most common need for 856s. How should we insert this in DCRB? Perhaps in the notes area (for 555 and 530 with companion 856s?) or as an a separate section or appendix?

Also the finding aid 856 may be necessary for any collection-level cataloging of rare books. Is this (collection-level cataloging of rare books [or rare materials in general]) something we want to discuss as regards revising DCRB? Another appendix(ices, if DCRB becomes DCRM)?

--Elizabeth A. Robinson
  Principal Rare Book Cataloger
  Huntington Library
  erobinson at huntington.org