FW: Topic 4. Transcription

Elizabeth Robinson erobinson at huntington.org
Mon Jan 18 08:56:18 MST 1999

Hello, folks

I have received one response so far to the message below. I need to clarify that when I say "Leave it like it is" I mean leave the *rule* (0H) as it is. Also I need to say that the options as I have them listed below address both the notion of transcription unto itself and the notion of which MARC field to put what in.

Finally, my one response so far suggested we also discuss the double punctuation option (rule 0E, p. 4, 3rd paragraph). The question is, I believe, should we leave this as-is (i.e. an option) or make double punctuation the rule. Would we then offer ISBD only/single punctuation  as an option?

--Elizabeth A. Robinson
  Principal Rare Book Cataloger
  Huntington Library
  erobinson at huntington.org