Topic 6: Glossary: Figure

Richard Noble Richard_Noble at brown.edu
Mon Jan 18 15:44:36 MST 1999

At 05:19 PM 1/7/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>Figure.  [N.B.: new term.]  An illustration printed on a page of text, or
>>printed on a page which is an integral part of a gathering.
>
>Are you trying to distinguish this from "plate"? If so, perhaps add "See
>also, Plate" (and add a see also to Plate)

I see no need for this term at all. It's not in the index, and I don't see
that it's otherwise needed to supplement the glossary in AACR2, which is
the basic purpose of the DCRB glossary.
RICHARD NOBLE : RARE BOOK CATALOGUER : JOHN HAY LIBRARY : BROWN UNIVERSITY
PROVIDENCE, RI 02912 : 401-863-1187/FAX 863-2093 : RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU