DCRB Chapter 5 Analysis

Robert L. Maxwell robert_maxwell at byu.edu
Wed Oct 4 13:50:01 MDT 2000

Gregory Pass's comparison and analysis of DCRB Ch. 5 and AACR2 is now at
the DCRB site at

http://www.lib.byu.edu/~catalog/people/rlm/bsc/dcrb/5.htm

I invite everyone to look at this and then comment on specific proposals or
make proposals of your own. (I also remind you of the Chapter 2 analysis
posted last week.) [Note: do not try to print the document until you read
the following paragraph.]

Now for a different subject: Do we have any html or web experts among us? I
am having the dickins of a time getting these documents posted for some
reason. Gregory and Jennifer sent these recent documents to me as Microsoft
Word documents, and converting them from this format to html has been
harder that one might imagine. For example, I warn you against printing the
Chapter 5 analysis until I manage to figure out what's wrong--it looks fine
on the screen, but when it prints out it prints out one word per line so
that this document, when I printed it out just now, printed on 125 pages in
long skinny columns instead of about ten pages as it should have. Does
somebody know what is wrong here????? Help!!!! Perhaps there is someone who
can give me some advice on the conversion of these documents.

Thanks,
Bob
Robert L. Maxwell
Special Collections and Ancient Languages Cataloger
6430 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602
(801) 378-5568