No subject

Patrick wet38 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 17 22:54:26 MDT 2001

Hi all:

I agree with all that Larry says.  Yes, it is
inconsistent to treat date differently from rest of
title/imprint.

The transcription points that Larry makes will need
working out.  Its been my recent practice to use
Arabic numerals when I would have a transcription
problem (e.g., backward C), but this I think is
clearly not desirable.

I also think its important to provide the modern/Araic
equivalent in brackets.

As regards serials, I cannot much comment as I have
cataloged very few serials.  However, if the practice
is to be different for serials than for monographs, I
think a "cataloger change" e.g., from Roman to Arabic,
should be remarked on in a 500 note.

Is this also an issue with other formats, e.g., maps?

Patrick