DCRM(S) area 4

Jane Gillis jane.gillis at yale.edu
Fri May 4 09:23:34 MDT 2001

Patrick,

Thank you for responding.   Good luck in your retirement.

The list has been inactive for quite some time.  Juliet and I have been very
busy, reading all the suggestions, questions, etc. and making huge changes
(i.e., the document is now much longer) and reorganizing.  We are almost at the
end of this iteration of the rules for rare serials.  In the next week or two,
I will be sending out another notice that changes have been made and we are
ready for more comments, suggestions, etc.

We have left the date in the 260 essentially the same.  Our feeling is that we
will follow (as best possible) what is decided for DCRM.  We want to be
reasonable and consistent.

What do people think about Roman numerals in dates?  Does DCRB reflect what we
want to do?    I think the questions about the 260 pertain to more than just
the serial format.  as soon as a decision is made on the dates, we can change
DCRM(S).  So feedback on that right now would be helpful.

Jane Gillis