DCRM(S) - Area 0

elizabeth l. johnson johnson1 at indiana.edu
Mon Mar 25 13:14:23 MST 2002

Hello, Jane and Juliet.  I re-read Area O again and noticed two things I
hadn't before.  Not really problems, but just questions.

OC. Punctuation
The two examples.  I don't understand what makes these different.  Why
isn't it
260    |a[Leipzig] :|b[W. Sturmer]

>From what I am seeing, both examples are adjacent elements within one area
to be enclosed in square brackets, enclose them in one set of square
brackets unless one of the elements is a general material designation,
which is always enclosed in its own set of square brackets.

Further along in OC there seems to be a repetition of lines from the 5th
paragraph of OC

The fourth paragraph after the example of the Optional transcription is
the text:

"Indicate an interpolation (i.e., data taken from outside the prescribed
source(s) of information) by enclosing it in square brackets. Indicate a
conjectural interpolation by adding a question mark after the data, within
the square brackets."

The end of the sentence "For conjectural publication dates, see 4E3" is
not a repetition.

Elizabeth Johnson