[DCRM-L] DCRM(B) Delta posted

Fri Dec 17 11:35:34 MST 2004

Dear colleagues,

This is to announce that the delta draft dated 2004.12.15 of
_Descriptive Cataloging of Rare Materials (Books)_ is now posted on the
DCRB revision website. As you will see, we have accomplished a fair bit
but a fair bit of work remains to be done. A lot of the preliminary and
appended sections are still on the rough side, and some still needs
writing. There is, too, still work to be done on the main text.

http://www.folger.edu/bsc/dcrb/dcrmtext.html

We very much welcome comments on this draft. Substantive comments
(including wording and language that affects meaning or clarity or ease
of use) should be posted to DCRM-L (dcrm-l at lib.byu.edu) Typographical
errors should be sent to me, at djleslie at folger.edu.

Sections we are particularly desirous of scrutiny include area 0,
especially 0F; "Pre-Cataloging decisions;" and 7B9, on signatures in
non-roman alphabets. Those having experience with books signed in Greek,
Hebrew, Russian, and Church Slavic are worth their weight in type;
please read and help us think through the best way to record non-roman
signatures.

You will find three versions of the delta draft (one of them with
"changes tracked" from DCRB), plus a document outlining the changes from
gamma. This is the draft we will be discussing during the BSC meeting at
the 2005 midwinter meeting in Boston, and we hope this month's lead-time
is sufficient for careful reading. Comments may be sent at anytime
before the meeting, of course.

Happy reading, and happy holidays!

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Head of Cataloging