[DCRB-L] Main entry for collectors

Beth Russell russell.363 at osu.edu
Thu Jan 22 14:24:02 MST 2004

Thanks to Jain for reminding us that the collector as main entry question
only applies "when the collection is known by the name of a collector. "

Libraries will likely create more collection-level records for materials
which are NOT known by the name of a collector. Additionally, a given
collection might have been "created" by several donors/collectors. In
either of these cases, title main entry, adding a 7xx with the appropriate
relator code/term is not only much more logical, but appears to be mandated
by both APPM and AACR2.

Beth

russell.363 at osu.edu