[DCRM-L] nonroman signatures: revised instructions

Barry E. Hinman bhinman at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 1 12:17:12 MST 2005

Aren't there cases where the number of letters will be ambiguous?
Modern Russian alphabet, signed in Cyrillic, and Old Church Slavonic
alphabet, signed in Cyrillic, for example?  In such a case, wouldn't it
be necessary to add to the statement
    signed in Cyrillic using an alphabet of xx letters
or
    signed in Cyrillic using Old Church Slavonic alphabet

--
Barry E. Hinman
Special Collections Librarian for Cataloging
bhinman at stanford.edu