[DCRM-L] Proofreading the RBMS Thesauri

R. Arvid Nelsen ranelsen at library.ucsd.edu
Tue Aug 23 13:59:17 MDT 2005

Hi Deborah,

I am delighted to see this call go out.  Since it has been a while since I've worked on these I may be useful as a proofreader, although I will certainly collect and implement the needed corrections that proofreaders will find.  I hope the last set of proofreading instructions was thorough enough.  Please let me know if I should clarify anything.

Cheers,
Arvid

R. Arvid Nelsen
Coord. of Technical Services/Original Cataloger/Classical Studies Librarian
University of California, San Diego
Mandeville Special Collections Library
9500 Gilman Drive, 0175S
La Jolla, CA 92093-0175
Phone: 858-534-6766
Fax: 858-534-5950

>>> DJLeslie at folger.edu 08/23/05 11:37AM >>>
Dear Bibliographic Standards Committee members and friends,

We believe ourselves to be on the brink of approval to purchase
thesaurus software for the purpose of making our thesauri freely
available on the web. The files have already been converted and loaded
into a test database; in order to be ready to load the thesauri as soon
as possible after approval has been granted and the software purchased,
we are looking for proofreaders of the online files. The tasks won't be
onerous, but they must be done, and it is best (as we did with
proofreading DCRM(B)) to give sections to a number of people, making
sure that at least two pair of eyes are looking at each section.

Bib Standards Committee members will get their assignments (preferences
for particular thesauri will be entertained), but we welcome (invite,
plead) other proofreaders to join in this task. Please let me know if
you are willing to help.

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Head of Cataloging
Folger Shakespeare Library