[DCRM-L] Proofreading the RBMS Thesauri

Shiner, Elaine shiner at humnet.ucla.edu
Sun Aug 28 11:36:10 MDT 2005

I'll be happy to help.  Elaine

Elaine Shiner, Head Cataloguer

William Andrews Clark Memorial Library

Phone: 323-731-8529

Fax: 323-731-8617

Email: shiner at humnet.ucla.edu

  _____

From: dcrm-l-admin at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-admin at lib.byu.edu] On Behalf
Of Deborah J. Leslie
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:37 AM
To: dcrm-l at lib.byu.edu
Subject: [DCRM-L] Proofreading the RBMS Thesauri

Dear Bibliographic Standards Committee members and friends,

We believe ourselves to be on the brink of approval to purchase thesaurus
software for the purpose of making our thesauri freely available on the web.
The files have already been converted and loaded into a test database; in
order to be ready to load the thesauri as soon as possible after approval
has been granted and the software purchased, we are looking for proofreaders
of the online files. The tasks won't be onerous, but they must be done, and
it is best (as we did with proofreading DCRM(B)) to give sections to a
number of people, making sure that at least two pair of eyes are looking at
each section.

Bib Standards Committee members will get their assignments (preferences for
particular thesauri will be entertained), but we welcome (invite, plead)
other proofreaders to join in this task. Please let me know if you are
willing to help.

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Head of Cataloging
Folger Shakespeare Library