[DCRM-L] FW: Revised CC:DA report for BSC minutes

Fri Jul 28 09:40:40 MDT 2006

Dear Colleagues:

Attached is the report from our liaison to CC:DA. This report will form
an appendix to our minutes (still in preparation), but I wanted to send
this out because there are some deadlines coming up, which Manon has
kindly rubricated.

The response to RDA has already been distributed to this list and its
framers are in the process of adding final touches.

I will not form task groups to formulate responses to
internationalization, Breton articles, or Bible headings.  Manon writes
in her report that:

JSC members have also recently issued the following new and revised
proposals of possible interest to the committee:

*	Internationalization:
http://www.collectionscanada.ca/jsc/docs/5lc5rev.pdf
*	Breton initial articles:
http://www.collectionscanada.ca/jsc/docs/5lc7.pdf
*	Bible uniform titles:
http://www.collectionscanada.ca/jsc/docs/5lc8.pdf

The internationalization proposal addresses nonroman scripts, dates
other than those following the Gregorian/Julian calendar, and numerals
other than Western-style arabic numerals. The "Breton initial articles"
proposal calls for adding new eight articles to AACR2 Appendix E. The
Bible uniform title proposal calls for eliminating 'O.T."and "N.T." in
uniform titles for books of the Bible. If the committee would like to
respond to any of these proposals, the deadlines for getting comments to
me would be: August 23.

Individuals are invited to respond directly to her if they desire:
manon.theroux at yale.edu.

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Chair, RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee
Head of Cataloging, Folger Shakespeare Library
201 East Capitol St., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20003
djleslie at folger.edu <mailto:djleslie at folger.edu>   |  202.675-0369  |
http://www.folger.edu <http://www.folger.edu/>