[DCRM-L] BSC membership

Mon Mar 13 14:08:36 MST 2006

Thanks, Jim. E.C. Schroeder and I will be conferring on appointments
soon.

________________________
Deborah J. Leslie
Folger Library
djleslie at folger.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On
Behalf Of James Stephenson
Sent: Monday, 06 March, 2006 13:42
To: dcrm-l at lib.byu.edu
Subject: Re: [DCRM-L] BSC membership

Deborah,

I am interested in serving on the Bibliographic Standards Committee for
the upcoming term.

Currently I am a Senior Rare Books Cataloger at the Getty Research
Institute, where I have been for the past 5 years.  Previous to that I
was the Special Collections cataloger at the University of Maryland,
College Park; I was in that postition from 1992-2000.  Before I joined
the staff at UMD I was the cataloger for the Society of the Cincinnati
Library; this was my first professional position, and I joined the staff
in 1989.

I recieved my MLS in 1989 from Catholic University, where I specialized
in Rare Books librarianship (when they actually had such a thing).  I
recieved my BA in English Literature from George Washington University
in 1983.

I have been committed to rare books librarianship for my entire
professional career.  My work, from my first years as a paraprofessional
through my current position, has been with cataloging. I am interested
in the work of the Bibliographic Standards Committee, and attend
meetings as an observer whenever I can.

What else can I tell you that might be a help?

Jim Stephenson