[DCRM-L] FW: FW: Area 4

Mon Oct 2 13:01:37 MDT 2006

We have an answer from Eric Holzenberg, Grolier Club director (and
former BSC chair). Good job, Carol. I'll make the appropriate change in
the example for 4C10.

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Chair, RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee
Head of Cataloging, Folger Shakespeare Library
201 East Capitol St., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20003
 <mailto:djleslie at folger.edu> djleslie at folger.edu  |  202.675-0369  |
http://www.folger.edu <http://www.folger.edu/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Holzenberg [mailto:ejh at grolierclub.org]
Sent: Monday, 02 October, 2006 14:54
To: Deborah J. Leslie; fpena at grolierclub.org
Subject: Re: FW: Area 4

Hi Deborah,

I can confirm the specific reading on the title page of our copy of "lan
mil cinq ce[n]s le xxv iour dapuril ...," where the 'n' in 'ce[n]s' is
represented on the t.p. by a macron over the 'e', although I should note
in addition that in our copy 'cinq' is 'cincq.'

This and other elements of the title as transcribed in our RLIN/online
record seem accurate. Let me know if you need anything else!

Eric