[DCRM-L] Glossary comments

Sat Oct 7 18:52:27 MDT 2006

Thanks, Ryan.

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Chair, RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee
http://www.folger.edu/bsc/index.html
Head of Cataloging, Folger Shakespeare Library
201 East Capitol St., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20003

djleslie at folger.edu || 202.675-0369 || http://www.folger.edu
<http://www.folger.edu>

-----Original Message-----
From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On
Behalf Of Ryan Hildebrand
Sent: 15 September 2006 19:05
To: DCRM Revision Group List
Subject: [DCRM-L] Glossary comments

Glossary

Page 189, last sentence of 1st paragraph. Italicize "The Papers of the
Bibliographical Society of America." [DJL] Fixed.

I note that the term in the "see" reference for "Broadside, broadsheet"
is set bold, but those in "see also" references are not. Is this
intentional? I also note that in Appendix D of AACR2 neither "see" or
"see also" terms are bold, and also, the words "see" and "see also" are
italicized, but I am not sure if we intended to follow AACR2's
style.[DJL]  I just checked Chicago 15, which prefers italicized "see,"
"see also," and "see under." Since AACR2 does the same, I'll change
DCRM(B) to follow suit.

--Ryan

--
Ryan Hildebrand, Special Collections and Archives Cataloger
UCI Libraries, P.O. Box 19557