[DCRM-L] Area 1 comment

Wed Oct 11 18:37:45 MDT 2006

I would like to replace the second example in 1D3 with the example Kate
supplied. The complaint was that neither of the two examples illustrated
the second part of 1D3. Comments welcome.
Deleted:
		Works of Mr. William Shakespear : in six volumes :
adorn'd with cuts
Proposed text and examples of 1D3.
1D3. Treatment of statements about illustrations or volumes
Treat an illustration statement or a statement such as "in two volumes"
as other title information, unless the statement is grammatically
inseparable from information transcribed as part of another element or
area (see 1E13 and 2B8). If the statement appears following the
statement of responsibility, punctuate it as a subsequent statement of
responsibility.
		The American child's pictorial history of the United
States : illustrated by sixty engravings
		General index to fifty-six volumes of the Gentleman's
magazine : from its commencement in the year 1731 to the end of 1786 /
compiled by Samuel Ayscough, clerk, assistant librarian of the British
Museum ; in two volumes
Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Chair, RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee
http://www.folger.edu/bsc/index.html
Head of Cataloging, Folger Shakespeare Library
201 East Capitol St., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20003
djleslie at folger.edu || 202.675-0369 || http://www.folger.edu