[DCRM-L] 2008 preconference DCRM(B) workshop

Thu Dec 13 15:02:58 MST 2007

Jane Gillis has pointed out to me that the minutes give 2009 as the date
for the full-day DCRM(B) workshop at the preconference. I don't know if
that's a mistake or if we changed our minds, but the workshop is
scheduled for the 2008 preconference. I'm working with Christian Dupont
on the arrangements. It may either be held at the Getty (which will
require bus transportation back and forth) or at one of the two
conference hotels.

I will be leading the workshop, but since a number of you have expressed
willingness to assist, Randy and I have told Christian that we can
accommodate 40-50 people. This will be vital for the exercise sessions.
Jane told me that she wasn't sure how much she could help answer B
questions, but I reminded her that she could listen to what I said,
which should be memory-jogging enough.

The date of the workshop is Monday, June 23. None of us will get any
remuneration for our time and effort, nor will we get any
transportation, registration, food, or board paid for us.

Please let me know if you are willing to assist in the workshop in this
way, and whether your commitment is firm or conditional. I know Manon
wanted me to write a formal letter inviting her, which I can do for
anyone else who thinks that might get them extra support.

Cheers,
Deborah

p.s. There will also be a seminar at the preconference on "Applying
DCRM(B) in a local context." This will be geared toward decision-makers.

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Head of Cataloging
Folger Shakespeare Library
201 East Capitol St., S.E.