[DCRM-L] Emergency: 2C3.2, again

at2186 at columbia.edu at2186 at columbia.edu
Mon Feb 12 21:27:17 MST 2007

Yes, DCRM(B) and AACR2 allow statement of resp. punctuation for such
phrases in Area 1. Neither does in Area 2.

Had you and the other editors removed the sentence forbidding the
semicolon, the remaining rule 2C3.2 would still not allow an
unidentified phrase to be transcribed (i.e., punctuated) as a
separate statement of responsibility.

Your suggested "other edition information" approach with the colons
might work. I'm not sure offhand.