[DCRM-L] relator terms as part of a name/title heading

Wed Nov 7 10:37:53 MST 2007

Thanks to all. I may be back after we've clarified the issue a bit more
on our end.
__________________________
Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Head of Cataloging
Folger Shakespeare Library
201 East Capitol St., S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20003
202.675-0369
djleslie at folger.edu | http://www.folger.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On
Behalf Of Elizabeth Robinson
Sent: Wednesday, 07 November, 2007 12:19
To: DCRM Revision Group List
Subject: Re: [DCRM-L] relator terms as part of a name/title heading

I just made three temporary junk bib records in our
OPAC (Voyager): one with a $e in the 100, another
without $e in the 100, and a third as the name/title
string in a 700$t. Same name, same title for all three
bibs. To see what would happen when I searched, using
the name only in our Name/Title index. They all file
together. Which, I think, is what Deborah is looking
for.

So, Bob, it looks like Voyager does the ignoring of $e
as you imagined a system would/could.

I have found a name-only search in the Name/Title
index in Voyager is quite useful for grouping the
established and unestablished titles under a
particular name.

Elizabeth A. Robinson
Team Leader
Rare Book Cataloging Team
Special Materials Cataloging Division
Library of Congress
101 Independence Avenue SE, mailstop 4376
Washington, DC 20540-4376
(202)707-3408 (work)
(202)707-2453 (fax)
erob at loc.gov (email)

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are strictly my own

and not necessarily those of the Library of Congress.