[DCRM-L] Citing CERL in bib record

William Hale wah26 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 20 02:49:35 MDT 2008

I wouldn't cite the CERL database in this way at all. It isn't a
bibliography but a conglomeration of records from various sources of
varying degrees of accuracy. If I had to, I would rather be inclined to
cite the library from which the record came, informally, in a 500 note.
Something along the lines of: "By Maria Madeitupovic, according to the
catalogue of the Molvanian National Library". But this would only be as a
last resort if I couldn't find the work in an authoritative (and
readily citable) source.

William Hale.

Rare Books Department,
Cambridge University Library,