[DCRM-L] Name of publisher, distributor, etc.

Fri Feb 22 14:23:17 MST 2008

The example you're talking about does include a preceding word,
"Imprimerie", while what follows it is an address, which is addressed
(ha ha) in the following paragraph, about the option to omit addresses.
Other words and phrases that need to be transcribed as part of this
element are covered in other areas in the rules. E.g., 4B6.2.

This isn't to say your idea would be a better wording, but I don't think
this is a miswording.

-----Original Message-----
From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On
Behalf Of Erin Blake
Sent: Friday, 22 February, 2008 15:41
To: dcrm-l at lib.byu.edu
Subject: [DCRM-L] Name of publisher, distributor, etc.

Comparing Graphic Materials with DCRM(B), I found what I thought at
first was a difference, but now think is actually a mis-wording in
DCRM(B).

4C2 in DCRM(B) says "Transcribe the name of the publisher, together with
any preceding words or phrases, as it appears in the publication" but
one of the four examples includes words or phrases *following*, not
preceding, the publisher's name.

Is that meant to say "Transcribe the name of the publisher, together
with any associated words or phrases, as it appears in the publication"?

It's also in DCRM(S)theta and DCRM(M)version5.

Thanks,

  EB.

Erin C. Blake, Ph.D. | Curator of Art & Special Collections | Folger
Shakespeare Library | 201 E. Capitol St. SE | Washington, DC 20003-1004
eblake at folger.edu