[DCRM-L] BSC Thesaurus Subcommittee Draft Agenda

Schneider, Nina nschneider at humnet.ucla.edu
Sat Jun 7 11:12:39 MDT 2008

* This message has been cross posted *

The BSC Thesaurus Subcommittee is scheduled to meet on
Friday, June 27th
1:30 to 5:30 pm
Hilton Anaheim
Conference Rm. 9

Note: the meeting will be called to order at 2 pm

-- Draft Agenda --

1. Introductions

2. Announcements / Reports

3. Terms (please see below for further information)
        a. Outstanding Terms from Midwinter 2008
                Anti woman suffrage
                Neo-Latin poems
                Painted books
                Unique books
        b. Changes to Current Terms
                Artists' books [change SN]
                Etcher Ill. [delete term]
                Underscoring [add UF]
        c. New Terms
                Bookmarks
                Comb bindings
                Engraved books
                Markings
                Mechanical bindings
                Paper onlays
                Paperback originals
                Part-issued books
                Parts
                Registers
                Sammelbande
                Spiral bindings

4. Genre Terms Project Status Report and Discussion

5. Paper Terms Project Report

6. Other business

Discussion of terms under consideration can be found at: http://rbmsthesauri.pbwiki.com/

The Thesaurus Subcommittee has set up a wiki to assist in the creation and editing of terms under consideration for inclusion in the RBMS Thesauri. You are welcome to view and comment upon terms under consideration for Annual 2008. Your comments will be taken under consideration during our meeting.

To view and comment upon the terms under consideration, select the term (or terms) you would like to see from the Sidebar. At the top of each page, you have the opportunity to comment via DCRM-L or directly to me.

There is a link to a "Printable version" at the bottom of each page.

Please note that the ongoing Genre Terms project is in a very rough draft form. Although you are welcome to comment upon terms found in it, no decisions will be made at Annual.

Since the wiki format is a new platform for many of us, you may not feel comfortable working with it. If that's the case, please email your comments to me, at nschneider at humnet.ucla.edu and I will incorporate them into the discussion.

Thanks very much!

+-------
Nina Schneider, Editor
RBMS Controlled Vocabularies