[DCRM-L] Academic disputations

Robert Maxwell robert_maxwell at byu.edu
Thu Mar 13 13:58:38 MDT 2008

Yes, we did do a SACO submission for Academic disputations, which was accepted and is now in LCSH. This should be coded

655 -0 Academic disputations.

(Don't use the second indicator 7 or subfield 2 lcsh anymore, now that second indicator 0 has been approved for LCSH terms.)

We did the SACO submission for the exact purpose of using the term in 655 (because as you say, Dan, "Academic dissertations" isn't right for these).

Bob

Robert L. Maxwell
Head, Special Collections and Metadata Catalog Dept.
6728 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602
(801)422-5568