[DCRM-L] Academic disputations

Margaret Nichols mnr1 at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 13 14:23:35 MDT 2008

That's fantastic, Bob! We have a collection of 6,200 such items
(German, from 1580-ca. 1850), so it's great to have a term for them
besides "those pamphlety things."

Margaret

At 03:58 PM 3/13/2008, Robert Maxwell wrote:
>Yes, we did do a SACO submission for Academic disputations, which
>was accepted and is now in LCSH. This should be coded
>
>655 -0 Academic disputations.
>
>(Don't use the second indicator 7 or subfield 2 lcsh anymore, now
>that second indicator 0 has been approved for LCSH terms.)
>
>We did the SACO submission for the exact purpose of using the term
>in 655 (because as you say, Dan, "Academic dissertations" isn't
>right for these).
>
>Bob
>
>Robert L. Maxwell
>Head, Special Collections and Metadata Catalog Dept.
>6728 Harold B. Lee Library
>Brigham Young University
>Provo, UT 84602
>(801)422-5568

Margaret Nichols
Head, Special Collections Materials Unit
Library Technical Services
110 Olin Library
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY. 14853-5302