[DCRM-L] DCRM-L] [Fwd: Re: [RDA-L] Authority Files on the Web]

Fri May 2 15:39:47 MDT 2008

This brings up interesting questions about what kind of priority we
should accord headings in these files. I've just looked at a few
records, and find them a little hard to parse, partly because the heavy
coding isn't display-friendly, and partly because there seems to be
scanty information about the person and justification for the heading.
The lack of information in the records reminds me of pre-1984 LC
authority records.

I'd be very interested to hear what kind of experience any of you have
using these international authority files. I'll report on our
experience, too.

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Head of Cataloging
Folger Shakespeare Library