[DCRM-L] wormholes

Fri Nov 14 09:17:43 MST 2008

This brings up a difficulty with the current divisions of the RBMS
controlled vocabularies. I've run into a  number of people who have
trouble with the concept of "provenance evidence" that doesn't point to
actual ownership, but indicates something done to the material after
publication (e.g., "Extra-illustrated copies"). Nina and her people on
the Controlled Vocabularies subcommittee might want to consider either a
new category, or a revamping of current categories, to include terms
relating to things that have happened to the book since issued that
comprise neither binding nor provenance.

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Head of Cataloging
Folger Shakespeare Library
201 East Capitol St., S.E.