[DCRM-L] Cataloging known forgeries

Schneider, Nina nschneider at humnet.ucla.edu
Wed Aug 19 16:03:01 MDT 2009

Thanks Eduardo.

I hesitate to use "Forger" because we don't know who actually forged
these items. We only know that they are not the real deal. For instance,
we have a letter supposedly written by Nathaniel Hawthorne. We don't
know who actually wrote it but it clearly was not Hawthorne. In this
case, Hawthorne is not the forger, but the "forgee".