[DCRM-L] use of SD early works under SH Jesus Christ

Nickeson, Walter wnickeson at library.rochester.edu
Wed Feb 25 06:54:24 MST 2009

I think that the combination of subfields "[personal name] $x [subject subdivision]" can be considered, as a unit, to be a "topical heading," and can therefore be followed by "$v Early works to 1800." What isn't allowed is the simple combination "[personal name] $v Early works to 1800." "Jesus Christ--Passion" is a topic in a way that "Jesus Christ" is not. Exactly how that is, perhaps someone else can explain.

  Walter F. Nickeson, Catalog &
    Metadata Management Librarian
  Rush Rhees Library
  University of Rochester