[DCRM-L] Signature notation question

Ann Myers amyers at lib.siu.edu
Fri Jan 9 13:06:12 MST 2009

I have a signature notation which has me stumped. All of the gatherings
but three are signed with roman characters. The three odd ones are
characters which look like they might be Greek or Hebrew, but I have not
been able to positively identify them; it may be that the typeface is
obscuring the letter forms, or I may be wrong about their origin. I have
hit a dead end in trying to identify them, so I am wondering if there
would be an appropriate way to indicate them in a signature statement
anyhow? [unidentified character]?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

--Ann Myers

Ann Myers