[DCRM-L] RDA examples needed!

Manon Theroux manon.theroux at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 10:38:02 MST 2009

Dear special collections catalogers,

The chair of CC:DA has asked for our help in identifying some specific
examples for possible inclusion on RDA. This is in response to some
comments submitted by a special collections cataloger during the
review of the most recent RDA draft. The turn-around time is quick;
the examples would be needed by the end of the month.

If you are able to identify examples for any of the RDA rules listed
below, please let me know!

Many thanks,

Manon Theroux
ACRL Liaison to CC:DA
Head, Cataloging & Metadata Services
George Mason University Libraries
Fairfax, Virginia
703-993-2313
manon.theroux at gmail.com

****************************
EXAMPLE NEEDED FOR:

2.5.2.6. Designation of Edition Integral to Title Proper, etc
If a designation of edition is an integral part of the title proper,
other title information, or statement of responsibility, or if it is
grammatically linked to any of these, record it as such and do not
record a further designation of edition

****************************
EXAMPLE NEEDED FOR:

2.20.3.6.1. Multipart Monographs
Make notes on changes in statements of responsibility that occur on a
subsequent part of a multipart monograph if they are considered to be
important for identification or access

****************************
EXAMPLE NEEDED FOR:

2.20.4.5.1. Multipart Monographs
Make notes on differences in edition statements from one part of a
multipart monograph to another (see 2.5.1.6.1) if they are considered
to be important.

****************************
EXAMPLE NEEDED FOR:

2.20.7.5.1. Multipart Monographs
Make notes on differences in place of publication and/or publishers'
names from one part of a multipart monograph to another (see
2.8.1.5.1) if they are considered to be important for identification
or access.

****************************
EXAMPLE NEEDED FOR:

3.22.4.4.1. Multipart monographs and serials
If the dimensions change on a subsequent issue or part of a multipart
monograph or serial, make notes on the details of the change if they
are considered important for identification or selection. If the
changes have been numerous, a general statement may be made.

EXAMPLE NEEDED FOR:

3.22.6.3.1. Multipart Monograph and Serials
If the carrier type (see 3.3) or other carrier characteristics (see
3.6-3.19 ) are changed in a subsequent issue or part, make a note if
the change is considered important for identification or selection. If
the changes have been numerous, a general statement may be made