[DCRM-L] Status update on Controlled Vocabularies

Schneider, Nina nschneider at humnet.ucla.edu
Tue Nov 10 12:38:58 MST 2009

Everyone:

Many of you may have noticed, and some of you may have commented upon the fact that the current RBMS Controlled Vocabularies on our website are not up-to-date. We want to assure you that we are aware of this and are working on it. There are a couple of challenges: essentially the hand-off of the database between volunteers and the lack of a central server.

We hope that this circumstance is not causing unnecessary work for everyone, but one way to insure you are using the updated form of any approved term is to go to the Bibliographic Standards Committee's website (at http://rbms.info/committees/bibliographic_standards/index.shtml), and look at the Minutes from the past two conferences. There you will see what was added, changed, or deleted.

This situation will be resolved as soon as possible (really) and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Nina

+----

Nina Schneider, Editor
Controlled Vocabularies