[DCRM-L] Gramatically inseparable place and publisher infictitiousimprint

Jane Stemp Wickenden jane.wickenden at zen.co.uk
Sun Nov 15 17:26:06 MST 2009

I would do the same as Deborah, up to the repeat after "i.e." and adding (as
I'm sure you would as well) a transcription of the chronogram in a 500 note.

How well does the repeat 260 ## $a index after $c and "i.e."? I know how I
would have handled that in my former early printed books job - but that was
er, getting on for 11 years ago!

260 ## $a [Frankfurt-am-Main] : $b Pius Secularis excudit Francofurti, $c
[1706]
500 ## $a False imprint: actually printed in Amsterdam by Carel Allard, vide
Frederik Muller.
500 ## $a Date from chronogram, p.?; "<quote>".
700 1# $a Allard, Carel, $e printer
752 ## $a Netherlands $d Amsterdam

What an interesting imprint...

No, I'm not really working - it is the middle of Sunday night over here!

Jane Wickenden