[DCRM-L] Question: Local notes in OCLC master records

Laurence Creider lcreider at lib.NMSU.Edu
Mon Nov 16 13:50:03 MST 2009

Sorry, you are correct, of course.  That makes the provision of IRs a
noble gesture rather than the satisfaction of a requirement.  Still, the
results have been distressing, and non-profit hardly means non-commercial.
OCLC has been a very strategically-oriented organization for a long time;
that is one reason it is still with us.  It is just hard being a flea on
the dog.

Larry

lcreider at lib.nmsu.edu