[DCRM-L] DCRM(G) draft: Call for readers

Stephen Skuce skuce at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 24 16:19:21 MST 2009

Hello everyone,

The editorial team for Descriptive Cataloging of Rare Materials (Graphics)
has a draft of chapters 0-8 of their document ready for initial review. We
need volunteers willing to read through all or part of the text, and report
back to us. Because this is a lengthy document, we will be coordinating the
process, and would like all volunteers to read the instructions that follow.

You need not be an expert in cataloging graphic materials to help, and in
fact feedback from non-experts is particularly welcome -- though of course
we are extremely hopeful that experienced visual-material catalogers will
review the document as well.

Those who are members of the Bibliographic Standards Committee will be
assigned a section or sections. If there are particular parts of the
document you'd like to review, let me know, and I will take that into
account.

Non-BSC members should also let me know if they are willing to review any
part(s) of the text. Please consider helping us with this.

--> EVERYONE who plans to review any part of this draft should contact me
directly. PLEASE DO NOT reply to DCRM-L. My email address is:
skuce at mit.edu

Of course the timing could be better, with the holiday and all, but please
let me know at your earliest convenience if you're interested in being a
reader, and if there are particular sections in which you're interested.

Our deadline for comments will be December 28. I will contact all
volunteers, including conscripted BSC members, with assignments and further
instructions soon.

If you'd like to take a peek at the document, the text is posted on the
DCRM(G) page of the RBMS web site:

http://rbms.info/committees/bibliographic_standards/dcrm/dcrmg/dcrmg.html

With thanks in advance,
Stephen Skuce
Chair, RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee

Rare Books Program Coordinator
Institute Archives and Special Collections
MIT Room 14N-118
77 Mass. Ave.
Cambridge MA 02139-4307
617.253.0654