[DCRM-L] Cataloging 18th-century colonial document - "f" in place of "s"

Shannon Kupfer skupfer at sloma.state.oh.us
Fri Sep 4 10:02:55 MDT 2009

Thanks to everyone for the help!  And Allison, no worries.  I had a
feeling you meant to type an "s" in "Christ."

Steven, yes, I noticed the lack of crossbar in the long "s."  In fact,
when I looked closely, I saw that it resembles our upper-case script
"s."  It's funny, because in no time my brain started translating it and
I hardly gave it a second thought.  I'll become a manuscript cataloger
yet!

Thanks again, Allison, Margaret, and Steven, for all the help.  Have a
wonderful holiday weekend, all!

Shannon Kupfer, Digital/Tangible Media Cataloger

State Library of Ohio

Phone: 614.995.4115

Fax: 614.644.7004

www.library.ohio.gov

The State Library of Ohio provides services and resources to assist
state government and libraries in providing the best service to all.