[DCRM-L] prospectuses

Manon Theroux manon.theroux at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 15:02:21 MDT 2009

I'd vote for both, too- uniform title as 6xx for subject access and as
7xx for related work added entry.

I see it as similar to such situations as: cataloging correspondence
and using the same personal name in 6xx/7xx; cataloging trial
proceedings and using the same personal name in 6xx/7xx; cataloging
annual reports and using the same corporate name in 6xx/7xx, etc. Of
course, the 6xx/7xx headings might have slight differences- the 6xx
might get an additional subdivision (e.g. $v Correspondence) and the
7xx might get a $e relator term. I guess there is no $v Prospectuses.
In a record for a prospectus for an edition of a sacred work, $x
Publication and distribution might make a nice 6xx subdivision though.

I'm trying to think of a similar 6xx/7xx situation involving uniform
titles and all I can come up with are parodies. You could have a 630
with $v Parodies, imitations, etc. and a 730 related work added entry.
Not that everyone does that, necessarily...

-Manon

--
Manon Théroux
Head, Cataloging & Metadata Services