[DCRM-L] Cataloging of single leaves

Tue Apr 6 11:01:00 MDT 2010

This is an interesting question. We do the same, even though sometimes
we only have a title page (legacy of Halliwell-Phillipps' scrapbooking).
And even though that particular note, as with all notes on
imperfections, is always the first note, I also am uncomfortable.

What would alternatives be? Catalog the single leaf(ves) as themselves,
with links to the larger work? Maybe the latter as uniform title?

From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On
Behalf Of Ryan
Sent: Tuesday, 06 April, 2010 12:40
To: 'DCRM Revision Group List'
Subject: [DCRM-L] Cataloging of single leaves

Has anyone approached the cataloging of an individual leaf (or leaves)
in a manner in which the physical description reflects only what you
have (vs. DCRM(B) 5B1.1)? The question is prompted by a loan request in
which the requester did not realize that our "copy" was merely two
leaves of a publication. This information is stated in a local note, but
one of our public services librarians feels that this is not a very user
friendly way of saying we have only two leaves.

Thanks,

Ryan

--

Ryan Hildebrand