[DCRM-L] Cataloging of single leaves

Ann Myers amyers at lib.siu.edu
Tue Apr 6 12:06:43 MDT 2010

We have just started investigating the same issue here. Most of our
single leaves are manuscripts with the added challenge of not being able
to identify the work from which they originated, so cataloging those as
single leaves makes the most sense. However, we have also cataloged a
few Caxton leaves as single leaves - we were uncomfortable with giving
the impression that we have the whole book when all we have is a leaf,
especially knowing how few patrons read the local notes in our records.
For examples, see OCLC # 317410156 and # 438949187. I don't know if this
is the best approach, but it was the best solution we came up with at
the time.

--Ann

Ann Myers

Special Collections Cataloger