[DCRM-L] Signature question

Laurence Creider lcreider at lib.NMSU.Edu
Wed Apr 21 16:48:49 MDT 2010

Folks,
I am cataloging Commemorationes, seu, Suffragia sanctorum Ordinis minorum
S.P.N. Francisci .... Mexici :ex Typographia matritensi in via S.
Dominici & Tacubae, [17--]. [24] p. ; 15 cm.

Medina  8973

The pages are unnumbered and the only leaves signed are B1 and C1.
In addition to 1 later blank leaf, conjugate with blank leaf at end the
item consists of
leaf [1] conjugate with leaf [12], so what appears to be [A1].[C8]
leaf [2] conjugate with [11] [A2].[C7]
leaf [3]  conjugate with 10   B1.[C6]
leaf [4] conjugate with 9    [B2].[C5]
leaf [5] conjugate with 8    C1.[C4]
leaf [6] conjugate with 7    [C2].[C3]--stiching through here.

I've looked at Gaskell's diagrams and nothing seems to fit.  The closest
patterns are those for 12mos, esp. fig. 56.  There appear to be water
marks on leaves B1 through [C5] or [C6], which does not make sense
and the chainlines are vertical.  I am sure I am missing something
obvious (my visual imagination is not good), so can somebody help?

Thanks,
Larry

Laurence S. Creider
Special Collections Librarian