[DCRM-L] Final call for discussion; call for BSC vote (was: RE: DPC: remove card catalog vocabulary from generalinstructions on notes in 7A1.4)

Erin Blake EBlake at FOLGER.edu
Wed Dec 1 09:57:31 MST 2010

Thanks to the discussion, the question for BSC members will be phrased as follows: Change "special files" to "special indexes" in DCRM 7A1.4?

The proposed change is:  7A1.4. Notes may also be made to justify added entries intended for special files indexes of personal or corporate names, titles, genres/forms, physical characteristics, provenance, etc.

Discussion will end tomorrow (December 2), so if DCRM-L members have anything more to say, please say it soon.

BSC members, please vote on Friday, Dec. 3 before 11:59pm Central Standard Time (note: in future, the "please vote on" date will be in the initial e-mail, so people can mark their calendars; also, depite the stated deadline, I'll leave the vote open until a majority decision is reached rather than have ALA Connect shut it down automatically, since I don't trust it to re-open if necessary).

The vote is now open to BSC members at http://connect.ala.org/node/119004 and will close at 11:59pm Central Standard Time on Friday, Dec. 3 (opened a day early, because I hit the wrong button, and it didn't seem worth worrying about; BSC members who vote early are free to change their vote until the poll closes). BSC members can see a re-statement of this e-mail on the ALA Connect site here: http://connect.ala.org/node/119005

For the discussion thread, please see the DCRM-L archives.

Thanks,

   Erin Blake