[DCRM-L] transcription of info following curly bracket

Randal Brandt rbrandt at library.berkeley.edu
Fri Feb 12 15:12:31 MST 2010

Since I actually did catalog this particular example, here's how I did it:

A Paris : $b Chez Brunet, libraire, rue de Marivaux, au The'a^tre
italien : $b [Chez] Vente, libraire des menus plaisirs du roi, rue des
Anglois, pre`s celle des Noyers, $c MDCCLXXXIII [1783]

What I did not do, however, was make the note. I'll correct that
oversight. This is a fairly common occurrence in French imprints (I'm
not so sure about other languages), with the individual publishers or
booksellers not grammatically linked in any way except the "Chez" and a
brace.

It will be great to include this and similar types of examples in
Examples to Accompany DCRM(B)!

Randy

--
Randal Brandt
rbrandt at library.berkeley.edu
http://bancroft.berkeley.edu
"It's hard enough to remember my opinions without
remembering my reasons for them"--The Streets.